Trauma Surgery & Acute Care Open (TSACO) is the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma’s open access journal dedicated to the rapid publication of peer-reviewed, high-quality trauma and acute care research. TSACO provides an interdisciplinary forum for global issues in trauma and acute care surgery and is dedicated to covering epidemiological, educational, and socioeconomic facets of trauma management and injury prevention.
Trauma Surgery & Acute Care Open accepts submissions of a wide range of article types, including Original Articles, Reviews and Current Opinion articles.
The Author Information section provides specific article requirements to help you turn your research into an article suitable for TSACO.
Information is also provided on editorial guidelines, Open Access fees, and clinical trials registration.
TSACO is dedicated to covering epidemiological, educational, and socioeconomic facets of trauma management and injury prevention and will cover topics of interest and relevance to the global acute care surgery community, as well as affiliated subspecialty physicians and advanced practitioners.
Papers of interest include:
- Reporting of clinical studies
- Training and implementation reports
- Survey-based research
- Orthopaedic trauma, TBI, injury prevention, public health, global systems development, disaster and mass casualty management
- Use of new technologies as they relate to trauma education and treatment
- Reviews on the following topics: patient management reports in resource-poor settings, pilot studies of new technologies or techniques
- Clinical case series.